The midwife - your contact person
Our midwives are not only your contact persons during childbirth, but also take on a very important function during pregnancy by conducting routine check-ups, courses and prenatal acupuncture.
Pregnant women who are cared for by the team at See-Spital Women’s Clinic come into contact with our midwives – if they wish – already during routine check-ups.
In the case of newly detected risks or pregnant women with health problems, the check-up is carried out exclusively by the doctor. Supplementary consultation by the midwife is possible. Appointments can be made by calling the Gynecological Clinic at 044 728 17 02.
You can also help yourself to minimize the risk of injury. We recommend regular perineal massage. This improves the blood supply to the tissue and makes it more elastic. Although perineal massage is no guarantee for an injury-free birth, it has been proven to reduce the severity of the injury.
For hospital admission
- Swiss women: Family booklet
- Foreign women: Identity documents according to the information sheet of the civil registry office (copy of passport and birth certificate of the mother and – if available – marriage certificate)
- Mother’s passport See-Spital (if available)
- Blood group card
- Comfortable clothes
- Possibly a camera and favorite music
- Comfortable clothes for daytime (please remember that the maternity belly usually does not disappear overnight).
- Pyjamas and nightgown
- Socks and slippers
- Necessaire with your own toiletries
- Baby car seat
- Clothes and diapers for the newborn as well as all other needed care products for the baby
- Nursing pads
- Mesh underpants
- Washing bottles
- Hair dryer, terry cloths, washcloths
- Postpartum pads